Diabetes has been with humans from times unknown. We realise
this from the mention of the chronic disease in our ancient
Ayurvedic texts. While Diabetes mellitus is the scientific name,
Diabetes is also known as Madhumeha in Ayurveda. The ancient
treatise - Charaka Samhita, Sushruta Samhita, Ashtanga Sangraha,
Madhava Nidana, Yoga Ratnakara etc. describe the disease in depth.
Not only that, but they also guide the Ayurvedic practitioner to
treat them effectively.
Ayurveda focuses on identifying the root cause of the problem
and then provides a holistic treatment to addresses the same. The
Ayurvedic treatment for diabetes follows a similar approach. The
best Ayurvedic treatment for diabetes in India involves-
- identifying the root-cause;
- prescribing medicines if required;
- correcting food habits;
- encouraging the patients to adopt healthy lifestyles by
including practices of yoga and pranayama in their daily routine.
The ancient Ayurvedic treatise spells out that variations in one
of the three fundamental nature of a human body - Vata, Pitta,
Kapha can cause diabetes. The changes in the same are caused
because of bad eating habits and a sedentary lifestyle. So one has
- use of guru, i.e. heavy to digest food,
- Snigdha (Oily food),
- Excess Amla (Sour)
- Excess Lavana(Salt) rasa,
- Navanna (food prepared from newly harvested grains)
- Atinidra (excess sleep),
- Avyayama (lack of exercise),
- Achinta (lack of mental activity),
- Abstaining from Samshodhana (purification) therapy
If untreated for long, diabetes can severely damage the eyes,
kidneys, and the nervous system. So, consult an Ayurvedic doctor
for diabetes if you suspect you have the following symptoms
associated with diabetes.
- Excessive urination
- Sudden weight-loss
- Blurred vision
- Constant fatigue
Types of Diabetes
There are two types of diabetes. The section explains both in
simple layman terms.
- Type 1: Also called juvenile diabetes, it typically appears in
children and adolescence. It is the condition where the pancreas
produces very less or no insulin at all.
- Type 2: More common of two, people having type 2 diabetes stop
responding to the insulin produced in the body. And as the
disease progress, the body produces less and less insulin.
Ayurvedic treatment for diabetes type 2 is renowned as the most
effective among Indians and foreign nationals alike.
Stages and Treatment
Any treatment in Ayurveda begins by detoxifying the body. The
purification process helps the medicine work better and treat the
actual root cause.
- Pre-diabetic and Initial Stages: In the
initial phase, Ayurvedic treatment for diabetes involves oral
intake of herbal medicines to prevent further increase in blood
sugar levels along with diet and lifestyle management. The herbal
medication significantly controls the risk of organ damages and
reduce dependency on insulin tablets and injections.
- Chronic Diabetes: Chronic diabetes mellitus
Ayurvedic treatment focuses on reducing the dosage of insulin.
The core of the treatment focuses on managing blood sugar levels
and keeping metabolism high. Ayurvedic doctors prescribe special
herbs and Rasayanas to reinvigorate the body to avoid
complications arising due to the condition.
- Advance stage: The Ayurvedic treatment for
sugar patients in an advanced stage is through customised
Rasayanic treatment, diets and lifestyle modifications. If the
condition is accompanied by other chronic diseases, then special
attention is taken to reduce the risk of further deterioration.
Often people approach Ayurvedic practitioners to receive
- Ayurvedic treatment for the diabetic wound.
- Ayurvedic treatment for a diabetic foot infection.
- Ayurvedic treatment for problems related to eye.
- Ayurvedic treatment for liver problems.
Why should you choose Ayurveda?
For diabetes, the research carried out by our ancient seers is
unparalleled. The best ayurvedic medicine for diabetes does not
have any side-effects in most of the cases. Besides this, other
reasons to opt for Ayurveda are:
- Works on the root-cause: Unlike other treatments, Ayurveda
focuses on setting the foundation right. The therapy focuses on
addressing the root cause of the disease.
- More than just medicines: The wholistic cure of Ayurveda
equally focuses on your diet
& lifestyle. It corrects your body
by correcting your lifestyle and inculcating healthy food and
- Reduces future health risks: Ayurveda reduces the risk of
severe health complications arising out of the untreated root
cause. The best Ayurvedic doctor for diabetes usually focuses on
establishing harmony in the entire body than treat the symptoms.
Best Ayurvedic treatment for diabetes
Sugar treatment in Ayurveda involves continuous monitoring and
mentoring patients by educating them the nuances of the
condition. Ayurvedic cure for diabetes in initial phases and
certain chronic cases is not entirely unheard of.
Vydehi Ayurveda (VAYU) is among the leaders providing the best
ayurvedic treatment for diabetes in Bangalore and pan India. At
our healthcare facilities, one can find the best ayurvedic
doctors for diabetes in India.
For both - type 1 and type 2 diabetes treatments in Ayurveda,
we have excellent ayurvedic doctors specialising in diabetes. For
high blood sugar Ayurvedic treatment, at VAYU we offer-
- Personalised therapy and treatment for diabetes with
authentic Ayurvedic medicines based on a thorough investigation
of the root cause.
- End-to-End Relief Tracking to track your relief progress and
help with your health queries.
- Customized Diet and lifestyle plans customised just for you
to complement the medicines for holistic treatment of the
- Special Focus on doctors and medication for the highest
quality of treatment for diabetes and associated condition.
At VAYU, we strongly believe in implementing the holistic
well-being of every individual. Reach out to us today, to avoid
complications in your health later.